Thursday 16 January 2014

One Item, Three Looks - Black Brown 1826 Cable-Knit Sweater

Just today I was walking through my local "The Bay" in Oakville and discovered this awesome sweater. Black Brown 1826 (designed by Joseph Abboud) really has shaped up to be one of my favourite brands out there. It is affordable and the quality is amazing for the price that you pay. As I was saying, I saw this sweater and I knew that I wanted it instantly. It came in a bunch of pastel colours and the blue appealed to me and it instantly inspired my next 1 Item 3 Looks article.

For the first look, I was inspired by the yacht-inspired look but I thought that I would add a little bit of a twist with more youthful touches.... for the younger jet-setter kind of guy. 

For my second look, I put together a work friendly look for the cooler spring days here in Canada. I loved the light blue colour in the Prince of Wales pattern in the Richard James suit, which matched the sweater's tone perfectly ("matchy-matchy" is one of the biggest trends of the upcoming season FYI). Also, I thought that since the suit is such a splurge, I would add more affordable and high quality items to compliment it, such as thetiebar.com pocketsquare and RW&CO's non-iron dress shirt. Also, those Aldo shoes are made from Italian leather (I have the Mr B "Mentzel's" which lasted me through last winter).

For my third and final look, I thought I would create a more relaxed look but have some excitement to it. The yellow works perfectly with the sky-blue and the Oliver Spencer Sunglasses are the perfect touch for an instantly cool look.

Don't forget to share this, and subscribe + get connected through social media with me!
-The Prep Guy

No comments:

Post a Comment