Wednesday 18 December 2013

Dressing for Yourself & Not Others



The other day I was working, and I realized that a lot of my colleagues have a similar take as I do on their personal style, but we all have a very unique way of putting it together. It was quiet refreshing because my co-workers actually like the way each of us dress and we celebrate our differences. However, back when I was in in high school I was often criticized for over-dressing, being too fat, dressing too flamboyantly... But at the end of the day, it was nobody's business but mine. I felt comfortable within my own skin and with what I wore. Yet it is funny because often the same people who made fun of the way I dressed, ended up electing me to be "best dressed". Maybe  it was because they were teasing me, or just because they couldn't actually say something nice - so they covered it with negativity. Whatever the reason, it was not nice -  and it was often them just being insecure. What I want to get across with this post is that no matter how you like to dress, you don't have to change yourself just because others disagree with it. Be original, but don't look trashy or dumb. If you dress well, keep some authenticity and differentiate yourself from others, you will actually feel better. As for the haters, they can keep hating! 

No comments:

Post a Comment